- You wish to use rare or no-longer common wheel sizes, such as fractional 28, 26 and 20 inch wheels (ETRTO 635, 590, 451mm respectively)
- You wish to use no-longer common rim types, such as Westwood rims (as used with rod brakes)
- You wish to re-use an existing rim, for reasons such as preserving authenticity on a vintage bike, or simple aesthetics
- You have an older bike with steel rims and you would like to upgrade to aluminium so the bike can actually be stopped during rainfall
- You wish to use internal hub gears
- You wish to use drum or roller brakes
- You wish to use a hub-dynamo
- Your needs encompass several of the above in a single wheel
With these needs in mind, I am pleased to announce that I will now be offering a wheel-building service. If all parts are provided, I can build a wheel for as little as £15, with all profits being donated to The Cycling Embassy of Great Britain. If you require help choosing or acquiring the parts needed for your needs I will be happy to assist you, with arrangements being on an individual basis according to your needs. Ideally it will be easier to work with local customers, but I see no reason why completed wheels could not be posted out to those of you further afield.
To arrange a wheel-build, drop me an email via manchestercycling [at] gmail [dot] com
Alternatively, if you wish to donate to The Cycling Embassy of Great Britain directly, you can now do so through PayPal.