This blog has moved

This blog has re-located to Chester

Monday 14 June 2010

21st Century Grocery Shopping

IMAG0070

This is my Mundo parked up at Tesco in Burnage, approximately 6 km from where I live.  Loaded on the bike I have 4 boxes of breakfast cereal, 48 cans of Pepsi Max, two jars of curry sauce & various vegetables.  Because the Pepsi is on the top of the rack, the pannier bags are almost empty and I could have carried a great deal more (but nothing else took my fancy)  The bike as it is now (including upgraded fork, brake, lights, lock seatpost and saddle) cost roughly the same as half of a year’s car insurance would for someone my age.

I think the vast majority of people could get by just fine with a similar arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to Chester. All the old posts can be found at Chester Cycling where I invite you to continue the discussion instead

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.